Last Sunday, an attempt was made to land insurgent ground forces on the beaches of Venezuela for the purpose of overthrowing and capturing President Maduro.
Two American military combat veterans were involved and are now in the custody of the Venezuelan government.
The details are still sketchy, but I’ll throw my initial thoughts out there for the record.
The “invasion” obviously failed at the tactical level. However, if you look at the overall strategic goal of the U.S. government (secure the Orinoco Oil Belt), this little botched raid just gave them the ammunition they need to take it to the next level.
The American people will want their veterans back, regardless of the reason they deployed to Venezuela in the first place.
Here’s the video I posted about Venezuela last month
U.S. Navy Deploys to Venezuela for “Anti-Drug” Ops? China Says Bear Bile & Goat Horn Cures Covid-19?
- Ex-Green Beret led failed attempt to oust Venezuela’s Maduro
- Venezuela broadcasts video of captured US mercenary
- Moscow calls US claims it had nothing to with Venezuela raid ‘unconvincing’
- Sources: US investigating ex-Green Beret for Venezuela raid
- Delivering Maduro to America was objective of failed Venezuelan incursion – US mercenary says in interrogation tape
- Trump denies Washington role in Venezuelan ‘invasion’ after 2 US mercenaries nabbed in botched assassination plan
“On Wednesday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo pledged that the White House would use “every tool” in order to bring the two Americans – who used to serve in US special operations forces – back home.” – RT.com
The Escalation Continues…
Are we about to see a Gulf of Tonkin incident? It appears that conditions are being set for just that type of scenario. Plus, it’s almost election time in the United States. There’s nothing like a good-old-fashion military conflict to bring the American people together behind a President.
Is the U.S. government going to resurrect the term “quarantine” from the Cuban Missile “Crisis”? That term has been worn out over the past five months due to SARS-CoV-2. What will the new, friendly-sounding term be to describe a naval blockade of Venezuela? You can’t use the excuse of “Anti-Drug” operations to seize a damn oil tanker so you need a new term. It has to have the word “Safe” in there somehow with a side of “Freedom” to get the American people to bite.
- Iran media warn US against any move on fuel shipment to Venezuela – May 17, 2020
- Eyeing Iran, US warns to stay 100 meters away from its warships – May 20, 2020
- Iran oil shipment: Venezuelan military to escort fuel tankers – May 21, 2020
- US ‘will be IN TROUBLE’ if it makes ‘MISTAKE’ of interfering with Venezuela-bound tankers, Rouhani warns – May 23, 2020
- Iran to retaliate over any US ‘trouble’ for Venezuela-bound ships – May 23, 2020