I was hanging out in the kitchen with Filipina Wife #1 and Filipina Girlfriend #1 when we started talking about different ways to serve rice when you’re broke.
Join us for this informal discussion and chat about various off-the-wall topics of absolutely zero significance to anything. Basically we’re just smoking and joking and killing time during this here QUARANTINE.
Here’s a quick list of recipes for serving rice when you’re broke. Just use whatever ingredients you have leftover in your refrigerator, pantry, or spice rack:
- Rice with Mustard
- Rice with Ketchup
- Rice with Barbecue Sauce
- Rice with Worcestershire Sauce
- Rice with Parmesan Cheese
- Rice with Garlic Salt
- Rice with Brown Spicy Mustard
- Rice with Salt and Pepper
- Rice with Mayonnaise
- Rice with Parmesan Cheese, Oregano and Ketchup (Poor Man’s Spaghetti)
- Rice with Pickles or Pickle Juice
- Rice with Sardines
- Rice with a single dried fish hanging in front of your nose to simulate fish flavor
- Rice with Butter
- Rice with Olive Oil
- Rice with Brown Sugar
- Rice with a Chicken Bouillon Flavor Cube
- Rice with Tabasco Sauce
Yes, you can survive for a long time on a single bag of rice. If you’re in the States, just buy you a 50 pound bag of rice and I’m certain you’ll survive this pandemic.
This video was filmed on Day 12 of the Luzon Enhanced Community Quarantine here in the Philippines – March 28, 2020