Join me while I whip up a batch of Flo’s Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. For about $5 USD, I whipped up a batch of soup that fed the three of us. Maybe add twenty cents to the cost if you count the rice. Since we’re in the Philippines, we always have a rice cooker going so rice with every meal is implied. But, if you don’t like rice, just eat the soup by itself or with some saltine crackers.
Here’s the cost breakdown for this delicious little dish:
|Magic Sarap Seasoning||5|
|Oil and Water||10|
For reference, 250 Philippine pesos is roughly $5 U.S. dollars.
Here’s the Recipe
- Brown the garlic and onions in some oil in the old Wok.
- Add the chicken and stir fry until it’s golden brown.
- Add a little bit of salt, one packet of Magic Sarap, and Soy Sauce to the mix.
- Pour in some water and then add the noodles.
- Let that thing simmer until the noodles are the right texture.
- Pour over a bowl of rice and BINGO! You’ve got a meal for three.